Subject: [bug#40994] patch#40994 Programs With Movie Titles (PWMT)

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 13:24:05 +0000

Hello Raghav,

> I am starting this thread for my patches regarding programs that belong 
> to
> PWMT Project (pwmt.org). The programs are Girara, Jumanji and Zathura.

I don't see a patch related to jumanji, is it voluntary?

> I will be creating a new module, named, pwmt.scm. This is to put all 
> PWMT
> packages together. The concept here is similar to suckless.scm.
> 
> I will be sending patches one-by-one in this thread; with numbered 
> prefix [N].
> These patches are to be pushed in ascending order.

Could you take example on a commit like
aff0cce9175aaf836dd78941eb17549e3bfa7188 (there must be others like it)
which move packages to a separate module. In particular create a commit
that just move the packages in the new module and adjust the modules 
that
depend on them (if any). Then add your modifications to the packages in
separate commits to the one moving them with the git messages correctly
formatted, ie. not in a free form style. Otherwise it's difficult to
understand what your package modifications are related to just moving 
them
elsewhere,since it's just a big diff.

- Brice.