Subject: Re: bug#40990: Improve message-mode and isearch icons

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 18:43:16 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 18:21:32 +0300
> 
> On 01.05.2020 09:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Thanks, but I see nothing in these arguments to say that it's urgent
> > or even very important to have these UI changes in Emacs 27.
> 
> It's steps like this that address the perceived lack of polish that 
> users see when starting to use Emacs. So I'm fairly sure it's important. 
> Just not critical, of course.

We had this UI since v23, I think.  I don't think anything bad will
happen if we have it for another year or 2.  And of course people who
track the master branch will have it immediately.

> > Please help me release Emacs 27.1 as soon as possible by trying to
> > look at this stuff from my POV.
> 
> ...I do?

You do, but I'm asking to help me more.  We should have released 27.1
a year ago.

> Anyway, such discussions should become rare if we somehow manage to 
> speed up the release cycle someday.

Such a someone will be very welcome, indeed.