Subject: bug#40981: Graphical installer tests sometimes hang.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 13:42:59 +0200

Hello,

> It seems that the boot freezes, soon after the initrd is started, and
> before loading the boot script.

I made some progress on this one. Turns out, the system was started and
the tests are in progress when it hangs.

The problem occurs during the reset of the HTTP proxy ("guix-daemon
set-http-proxy action, clear" test). It seems that clearing the proxy
kills Shepherd.

Here's a screenshot of the console when it happens. It can also be
reproduced by spawning a VM and running this script:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(use-modules (gnu services herd))
(with-shepherd-action 'guix-daemon
                                  ('set-http-proxy "http://localhost:8118")
                                  result
                                result)
(with-shepherd-action 'guix-daemon
                                  ('set-http-proxy)
                                  result
                                result)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'll keep looking!

Thanks,

Mathieu