Subject: bug#40977: --load-path does not honor ~

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:21:03 +0200

Hartmut, Zimoun,

Hartmut Goebel 写道：
> After processing options, guix need to "expanduser()" (as it is 
> called
> in Python) on all arguments which are paths.

If any Python (or other) software does this, it's broken.  File a 
bug there.

This is the wrong thing to do and makes the GNU system an 
inconsistent mess.  …OK, *more* of an inconsistent, loveable, mess 
;-)

It also makes

  $ sudo guix system --load-path=~/path/tp/my/project …

and

  $ sudo guix system -L ~/path/to/my/project -A mypackage …

suddenly result in different file names.

Please don't do it.

Kind regards,

T G-R