Subject: Re: bug#40973: Icecat in linux package manager

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 21:44:16 -0400

Hello,

"M.R.P. zensky via bug-gnuzilla" via GNUzilla bug reports
<[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello I love Icecat but wish it was easier to install. I wish that it
> was available in a linux package manager. What do you think? Is their
> anything that I could do to get it in the linux package manager?

Thank you.  GNU IceCat is packaged in a number of distros and/or package
managers, including Trisquel and GNU Guix.  The Trisquel package is
currently very much out of date; but the Guix package is up-to-date,
only a few commits behind the latest commit on the 68 branch of our
gnuzilla.git repository.

Feel free to file a request on the bug tracker of your favourite
GNU/Linux distribution, asking them to package GNU IceCat.  We would be
happy to work with the package maintainers looking to package GNU IceCat
for their distro, helping answers any questions or requests they may
have if they get in touch with us on our mailing lists. :-)

Hope this helps.