Subject: bug#40967: 27.0.50; vc-diff in indirect buffers

From: Nathan Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 02:19:56 +0200

Here is a new version of the patch, with support for most of the
commands defined in vc.el.

The support is not exhaustive as I was not able to make all commands work
I did not succeed in testing all the commands: vc-delete-file and
vc-rename-file are probably candidates next.

Feedback is very welcome, I am not used to the contribution process on Emacs.
Nathan

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 00:37, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 16.06.2020 15:08, Phil Sainty wrote:
> > Personally I'd be ok with seeing piecemeal changes to commands
> > like these to enable certain common workflows to DTRT with
> > indirect buffers.
>
> All right then.
>
> > I think there will likely be a subset of
> > commands which are of higher value than others, and so there
> > might not be such a vast number of things which are very useful
> > to change in practice.
>
> IDK, seems like it wouldn't simplify the proposed patch. It's short
> already anywa.