Subject: Re: bug#40966: Missing substitutes on ci.guix.gnu.org?

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 00:15:47 +0200

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:53:39 -0400
Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> And Borg has apparently never been built:
> 
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=spec%3Aguix-master+system%3Ax86_64-linux+borg

This is broken in a very strange, indeterministic way. At first I
thought you were right. But with modified searches, there are several
hits. For example this query:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=^bor

has several hits, for example one for x86-64_linux from "8 Apr 04:09
+0200".

But when I further restrict the search:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=%5Ebor+system%3Ax86_64-linux

I have only two results which are from

25 Feb 04:26 +0100
28 Apr 07:23 +0200

Where is the one from April 8 gone?

I'm not sure if that is related, but the search isn't stable: When
reloading the following URL, I can get several different search results:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=java-kafka-clients++system%3Ax86_64-linux+spec%3Aguix-master

Sometimes broken, sometimes good.

> By the way, the dates that are shown in this interface do not display
> the year (can we fix that?):
> 
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2275489/details

And as you see above, timezone is MET with daylight-saving-time on/off.
For an international project, that should better be UTC?

Björn