Subject: bug#40964: emacs ada-mode : wisi fails to compile with recent AdaCore wavefronts

From: Koen Meersman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:28:45 +0200

Package: emacs, ada-mode

Hi,

When compiling ada-mode-6.2.1 / wisi-2.2.1 using 'GNAT Pro 21.0w 20200426'
we get following errors:

    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: in instantiation at
sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:448 [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: non-local pointer cannot point to local
object [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: Program_Error will be raised at run time
[enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: in instantiation at
sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:504 [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: non-local pointer cannot point to local
object [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: Program_Error will be raised at run time
[enabled by default]
    sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:448:18: non-local pointer cannot
point to local object
    sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:504:18: non-local pointer cannot
point to local object
    gprbuild: *** compilation phase failed

It looks like wisi violates (according to the new/recent wavefront) some
accessibility rules.
The patch (as attachment) fixes the accessibility errors by modifying
'Access to 'Unrestricted_Access or 'Unchecked_Access.
(This is an ugly hack/patch but I like to show you where the problem is)

Similar problems exist in latest wisi release (3.0.1) and git (
git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/elpa.git)

Can you have a look at the reported errors?

Thanks,

Koen