Subject: bug#40964: closed (closed by ada-mode version 7.1.3)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 21:25:03 +0000

Your bug report

#40964: emacs ada-mode : wisi fails to compile with recent AdaCore wavefronts

which was filed against the emacs, ada-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40964: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40964
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: closed by ada-mode version 7.1.3
From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 14:24:54 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

-- 
-- Stephe

Subject: emacs ada-mode : wisi fails to compile with recent AdaCore wavefronts
From: Koen Meersman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:28:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs, ada-mode

Hi,

When compiling ada-mode-6.2.1 / wisi-2.2.1 using 'GNAT Pro 21.0w 20200426'
we get following errors:

    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: in instantiation at
sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:448 [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: non-local pointer cannot point to local
object [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: Program_Error will be raised at run time
[enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: in instantiation at
sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:504 [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: non-local pointer cannot point to local
object [enabled by default]
    wisi.ads:363:04: warning: Program_Error will be raised at run time
[enabled by default]
    sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:448:18: non-local pointer cannot
point to local object
    sal-gen_unbounded_definite_vectors.adb:504:18: non-local pointer cannot
point to local object
    gprbuild: *** compilation phase failed

It looks like wisi violates (according to the new/recent wavefront) some
accessibility rules.
The patch (as attachment) fixes the accessibility errors by modifying
'Access to 'Unrestricted_Access or 'Unchecked_Access.
(This is an ugly hack/patch but I like to show you where the problem is)

Similar problems exist in latest wisi release (3.0.1) and git (
git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/elpa.git)

Can you have a look at the reported errors?

Thanks,

Koen