Subject: [bug#40955] [PATCH 5/5] vm: Remove obsolete procedures.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 16:02:26 +0200

>> -(define* (iso9660-image #:key
>
> Instead of removing it wholesale, can we use ‘define-deprecated’ and
> make it an alias for the new one?

As make-iso9660-image is moved from '(gnu build vm)' to '(gnu build
image)', I think it is safe to remove iso9660-image from '(guix system
vm)'.

>
>>  (define* (qemu-image #:key
>>                       (name "qemu-image")
>>                       (system (%current-system))
>
> Oh, we keep this one?

Yes, because '(gnu system image)' does not yet support producing
disk-images when the bootloader is Grub non-EFI or extlinux.

The "system-image" procedure in '(gnu system image)' is taking care of
the transition. Once support for those two bootloaders is added, we will
be able to get rid of "qemu-image", I guess.

Thanks,

Mathieu