Subject: 27.0.91; project-query-replace-regexp stops too early

From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:35:11 +0200

Create a directory with two files in it: test-2.txt and test.txt:

test-dir
├── test-2.txt
└── test.txt

Enter the text "Foo" into test.txt.
Enter the text "foo" into test-2.txt.

Visit the directory or any of the files (the result is the same either
way).

Type 'M-x project-query-replace-regexp', choosing to replace "Foo"
with "Bar".

Confirm test-dir as the project directory in the next prompt.

The replacement process stops with point before "foo" in test-2.txt
with a message "Replaced 0 occurrences", without replacing "Foo" in
test.txt as it should have.

The bug appears both in emacs-27 as of
16fed05ba85c3d92d3c913657dd50a648ad3884a, and on master as of
771a6b68165b986b6bf9249c57ca11d310b0f0e4.