Subject: 23.1.50; posn-at-point gets upset by overlays with 'invisible and 'display

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:37:07 +0200

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

posn-at-point reports bad (X . Y) when on a 'displa part of an invisible
overlay.

This makes line-move-visual behave strange. (A workaround for this could
be to step back one char in line-move-visual, but this is of course not
the correct fix.)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
c:/emacs/u/090801/emacs/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-08-01
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'

PS: Is it by intention that the bug mail message now includes the
information for the submitter? It did not work that way before. I have
left that information in the message above (but marked my real
message) so you can see what I mean. Perhaps this has something to do
with that I am using w32 where the message is copied to clipboard?