Subject: bug#4094: closed (Re: bug#4094: 23.1.50; posn-at-point gets upset by overlays with 'invisible and 'display)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#4094: 23.1.50; posn-at-point gets upset by overlays with 'invisible and  'display

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
4094: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4094
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4094: 23.1.50; posn-at-point gets upset by overlays with 'invisible and 'display
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:30:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed due to lack of response.

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Please provide a precise, step-by-step recipe to reproduce this,
> starting with `emacs -Q'.

Subject: 23.1.50; posn-at-point gets upset by overlays with 'invisible and 'display
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:37:07 +0200

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

posn-at-point reports bad (X . Y) when on a 'displa part of an invisible
overlay.

This makes line-move-visual behave strange. (A workaround for this could
be to step back one char in line-move-visual, but this is of course not
the correct fix.)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
c:/emacs/u/090801/emacs/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-08-01
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'

PS: Is it by intention that the bug mail message now includes the
information for the submitter? It did not work that way before. I have
left that information in the message above (but marked my real
message) so you can see what I mean. Perhaps this has something to do
with that I am using w32 where the message is copied to clipboard?