Subject: Re: bug#4093: Overlay keymap and timers

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:42:15 +0200

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Stefan Monnier<[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> But maybe an alternative is to provide some way for your Elisp code to
>>> cause a jump back to `replay_sequence' so that you can force the C-c C-d
>>> to be interpreted in the new keymaps even if the C-c had already been
>>> pressed when your code was run.
>> Sounds good.  Would it perhaps be most easy to implement
>> a `please-replay-sequence' function that tells the command loop to go
>> one more turn and check the keymaps again and reuse the pending input?
>
> That function couldn't do much more than set a variable and return.
> So yes, it could be done and would have the advantage of making it
> possible to keep the variable hidden from Elisp.  Not sure if that
> advantage is of any significance, tho.

You mean it is the same approach as you were thinking of? Then I think
the "active voice" used to call the function makes it a bit easier to
understand, but maybe that is just me. Also you can't really doubt how
to use it.