Subject: bug#40919: 27.0.91; next-error-select-buffer does not always behave as documented

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 02:38:45 +0300

>>>>> And/or would they be content to advice-add on
>>>>> next-error-find-buffer-function instead?
>>>> Is it possible to add advice-add by using customization?
>>>
>>> No, or at least not yet. But if we know of only one user that wants this
>>> setup, surely that's not a problem?
>> It's a general problem that hindered the development of other features
>> that might benefit from customizable advice-add (namely set-multi-message).
>
> The Customize UI is definitely not my area, sorry (not as developer, nor as
> a user).

I retract my patch to use a list of next-error functions,
because it's easy to configure this using add-function:

(add-function :override next-error-find-buffer-function
              #'next-error-buffer-on-selected-frame)

(add-function :after-until next-error-find-buffer-function
              #'next-error-buffer-unnavigated-current)