Subject: bug#40914: closed (Re: bug#40914: 27.0.91; erc send is failing on pretest)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:26:03 +0000

Your bug report

#40914: 27.0.91; erc send is failing on pretest

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40914: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40914
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40914: 27.0.91; erc send is failing on pretest
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 20:25:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:03:06 +0000
> 
>     Eli> So does the patch below fix the problem?
> 
> 
> [...]
> 
> 
> Yes Eli. It has fixed It.

Thanks, pushed to the emacs-27 branch.

Subject: 27.0.91; erc send is failing on pretest
From: Andrés Ramírez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:22:17 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi. When connecting to irc And pressing return for sending this string:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
"Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to time. Has anyone
experienced this behaviour before?"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I am getting this Backtrace.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp utf-8)
  erc-split-line("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  #f(compiled-function (line) #<bytecode 0x985e39>)("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  mapc(#f(compiled-function (line) #<bytecode 0x985e39>) ("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti..."))
  erc-send-input("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  erc-send-current-line()
  funcall-interactively(erc-send-current-line)
  call-interactively(erc-send-current-line nil nil)
  command-execute(erc-send-current-line)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

BTW. Same works on 26.3.
AR

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12099001
System Description: Arch Linux ARM

Recent messages:
chacrape/erc-connect
Decrypting /home/olla/.netrc.gpg...done
Connecting to irc.freenode.net:6667... 
Logging in as `sunshavi'...
Logging in as ‘sunshavi’... done
ERC: irc.freenode.net:6667: <sunshavi> has changed mode for sunshavi to +i
Decrypting /home/olla/.authinfo.gpg...done
Entering debugger...
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/'
 --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/usr/share --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --with-modules
 --with-xft --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-imagemagick
 --without-xwidgets --without-pop --with-gameuser=:games
 --disable-build-details 'CFLAGS=-march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard
 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace help-mode
erc-list erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-button browse-url wid-edit
erc-netsplit rot13 disp-table epa-file epa epg epg-config misearch
multi-isearch add-log my-noexternals server time org-wl org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sm-c-mode derived pcase smie
netrc ace-window avy ring god-mode emms-get-lyrics mbsync rx
my-misc-setup ido which-func savehist paren vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
em-alias esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util my-erc-setup erc-services erc-networks
erc-track erc-match erc-sasl cl erc-menu erc-join erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv pp erc-loaddefs
my-defuns-setup imenu thingatpt info-look info google-c-style gtags
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib jka-compr
advice lemacs-public tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 221078 132580)
 (symbols 24 21597 1)
 (strings 16 69970 5000)
 (string-bytes 1 2292424)
 (vectors 8 31494)
 (vector-slots 4 370002 110490)
 (floats 8 125 604)
 (intervals 28 1649 0)
 (buffers 576 22))