Subject: bug#40914: 27.0.91; erc send is failing on pretest

From: Andrés Ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:22:17 +0000

Hi. When connecting to irc And pressing return for sending this string:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
"Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to time. Has anyone
experienced this behaviour before?"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I am getting this Backtrace.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp utf-8)
  erc-split-line("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  #f(compiled-function (line) #<bytecode 0x985e39>)("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  mapc(#f(compiled-function (line) #<bytecode 0x985e39>) ("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti..."))
  erc-send-input("Hi Guys. Ethernet connection drops from time to ti...")
  erc-send-current-line()
  funcall-interactively(erc-send-current-line)
  call-interactively(erc-send-current-line nil nil)
  command-execute(erc-send-current-line)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

BTW. Same works on 26.3.
AR

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12099001
System Description: Arch Linux ARM

Recent messages:
chacrape/erc-connect
Decrypting /home/olla/.netrc.gpg...done
Connecting to irc.freenode.net:6667... 
Logging in as `sunshavi'...
Logging in as ‘sunshavi’... done
ERC: irc.freenode.net:6667: <sunshavi> has changed mode for sunshavi to +i
Decrypting /home/olla/.authinfo.gpg...done
Entering debugger...
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/'
 --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/usr/share --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --with-modules
 --with-xft --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-imagemagick
 --without-xwidgets --without-pop --with-gameuser=:games
 --disable-build-details 'CFLAGS=-march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard
 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace help-mode
erc-list erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-button browse-url wid-edit
erc-netsplit rot13 disp-table epa-file epa epg epg-config misearch
multi-isearch add-log my-noexternals server time org-wl org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sm-c-mode derived pcase smie
netrc ace-window avy ring god-mode emms-get-lyrics mbsync rx
my-misc-setup ido which-func savehist paren vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
em-alias esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util my-erc-setup erc-services erc-networks
erc-track erc-match erc-sasl cl erc-menu erc-join erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv pp erc-loaddefs
my-defuns-setup imenu thingatpt info-look info google-c-style gtags
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib jka-compr
advice lemacs-public tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 221078 132580)
 (symbols 24 21597 1)
 (strings 16 69970 5000)
 (string-bytes 1 2292424)
 (vectors 8 31494)
 (vector-slots 4 370002 110490)
 (floats 8 125 604)
 (intervals 28 1649 0)
 (buffers 576 22))