Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/5] Use Guile 3.0 in the initrd

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:20:27 +0200

Guix,

These patches changes the initrd to use Guile 3.0.  By default it uses
%GUILE-STATIC-STRIPPED from (gnu packages make-bootstrap), which on the
core-updates branch refers to Guile 2.0.

It is suboptimal to define this new static Guile variant straight in
(gnu system linux-initrd), but adding it to (gnu packages guile) would
cause a cyclic module reference with (gnu packages make-bootstrap).

WDYT?

Marius Bakke (5):
  gnu: %guile-static: Rewrite in terms of 'make-guile-static'.
  gnu: %guile-static-stripped: Rewrite in terms of
    'make-guile-static-stripped'.
  gnu: make-bootstrap: Export MAKE-GUILE-STATIC and
    MAKE-GUILE-STATIC-STRIPPED.
  linux-initrd: Use Guile 3.0.
  gnu: make-bootstrap: Do not export %GUILE-STATIC-STRIPPED.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   7 +-
 gnu/packages/make-bootstrap.scm               | 161 ++++----
 .../patches/guile-2.2-default-utf8.patch      |  82 ++++
 .../patches/guile-3.0-linux-syscalls.patch    | 353 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../patches/guile-3.0-relocatable.patch       |  79 ++++
 gnu/system/linux-initrd.scm                   |  10 +-
 6 files changed, 611 insertions(+), 81 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/guile-2.2-default-utf8.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/guile-3.0-linux-syscalls.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/guile-3.0-relocatable.patch

-- 
2.26.2