Subject: [bug#40901] gnu: ktsuss: Fix paths.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 19:13:07 +0200

Raghav Gururajan writes:

Hello Raghav,

>> Can you please remember to test a program before submitting it?  And I
>> mean not only check if "it runs", but also if it is actually useful?
>
> Sorry. I have attached a patch with this email to make ktsuss work
> correctly.

Hmm, I experienced no problem when I tested it.  What did you observe
(see my question below).

> From a1d5a14bb634fe52201fdde9ffbd3e385b89d234 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 03:34:05 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: ktsuss: Disable sudo.
>
> * gnu/packages/admin.scm (ktsuss): Disable sudo.
>
> Disabled sudo-backend as there is an unknown bug in upstream.
> Ktsuss now fall-back to using su-backend, which works correctly.

Having a like this is great.  Two remarks

  * please move it above the "* gnu/packages/admin" line
  * it would be great if you can add link to the ktsuss bug tracer about
    this "unknown" bug

Without any indication about what the bug is or how it can be
reproduced, it becomes hard to remove this workaround.

Other than that: LGTM.

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com