Subject: Re: [emacs-w3m:10999] Re: bug#4090: Bug#541704: emacs-snapshot ruins w3m-el-snapshot tables

From: Hideyuki SHIRAI (白井秀行) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:15:43 +0900 (JST)

From: [email-masked] said
Subject: [emacs-w3m:10999] Re: bug#4090: Bug#541704: emacs-snapshot ruins w3m-el-snapshot tables
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 02:22:03 +0800

> OK, here is what I see using the current Debian versions of these packages.

Thank you for your report.

There is a possibility for this problem to occur with emacs23 or
later. A problem occurs for the width of the box drawing
character changed. So, calculation of string-width goes miss,
and it becomes for that like your image.

For example 
(BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL, #x253c)
・Emacs22.3
(char-width (make-char 'mule-unicode-2500-33ff 32 92)) => 1

・Emacs23.1
(char-width (make-char 'mule-unicode-2500-33ff 32 92)) => 2

It is very difficult to correct this problem on all
emacsen. Therefore, please use emacs-w3m because of the
following settings. 

(setq w3m-use-symbol nil)

This change was commited to CVS HEAD of emacs-w3m.

TNX.

-- 
Hideyuki SHIRAI (mailto:[email-masked])