Subject: Re: bug#4090: Bug#541704: emacs-snapshot ruins w3m-el-snapshot tables

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:48:13 +0800

>>>>> "K" == Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> writes:

K> In the trunk of CVS, I added CJK fonts for those box-drawing
K> characters in the default fontset.  So, in CJK environment,
K> CJK fonts are preferred.  Perhaps, the selected CJK font
K> claims that it has glyphs for those characters, but actually
K> doesn't contain valid glyphs.  I think those vanishing
K> characters has at least 1 dot width of space.  Please put
K> cursor on one of them and type C-u C-x = to check which font
K> is selected for it.

>> • │ ┌ ┐ └ ┘ ├ ┤ ┬ ┴ ┼
In emacs23, all are visible, and very nice
   x:-efont-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-160-75-75-c-80-iso10646-1
In emacs-snapshot all are invisible in w3m-el-snapshot, but visible but
ugly replying here in gnus.  "•" is the same
   x:-efont-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-160-75-75-c-80-iso10646-1
but all the rest are
   x:-eten-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-150-75-75-c-160-big5.eten-0