Subject: Re: bug#40899: Locales not set up correctly

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:53:17 +0200

Dear,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 14:30, Matthew Kraai <[email-masked]> wrote:

> $ guix package -i nss-certs
> guile: warning: failed to install locale

There 3 points:

 a) "guix install glibc-utf8-locales" as root because of the daemon
and restart it. (depending on your system init, an extra config should
be required)
 b) "guix install glibc-utf8-locales" as regular user

This should fix the locales issues.

Note that depending on your locale, glibc-utf8-locles should not
provide it. (The term utf8 could be misleading). But en_US is provided
by it.

> guix package: error: some substitutes for the outputs of derivation `/gnu/store/mxp55201zl6wm2d82xdjnc8qa7qwgr85-nss-certs-3.50.drv' failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build derivation from source

 c) Try:
      guix install nss-certs --fallback

Hope that helps,
simon