Subject: bug#40893: closed (Should be solved by new importer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 15:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40893: import crate: Recursive importer loops

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40893: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40893
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Should be solved by new importer
From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:26:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This issue is solved by the new importer.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |

Subject: import crate: Recursive importer loops
From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:12:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running "import crate -r", the same packages get downloaded again
and again. Depending on the package to be imported, this looping can
take quite some time and the user gets the impression, that the import
will recurse endlessly.

I would expect the importer to recognize it did already download the
package.

$ guix pull --commit=ee8de7381  # to be sure the packages are not
imported already.
$ ./pre-inst-env guix import crate -r h2
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/rustls/rustls-0.17.0.crate'...
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki/webpki-0.21.2.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki-roots/webpki-roots-0.19.0.crate'...
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki/webpki-0.21.2.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki-roots/webpki-roots-0.19.0.crate'...
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/ring/ring-0.17.0-alpha.1.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/ring/ring-0.17.0-alpha.1.crate'...
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki/webpki-0.21.2.crate'...
...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/rustls/rustls-0.17.0.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki/webpki-0.21.2.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/webpki-roots/webpki-roots-0.19.0.crate'...

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |