Subject: 26.3; emacs calculator.el: return values are truncated integers

From: Aitor Soroa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:12:35 +0200

The calculator.el: wrongly returns integers. For instance:

emacs -Q
M-x calculator
22 / 7

The answer is '3'. Even worse, If I set calculator-remove-zeros to nil, 
then I get '3.000'

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
of 2019-09-16 built on lcy01-amd64-030
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Recent messages:
Configuring package ido...done
Loading package ido...done
Loading package projectile...
Configuring package projectile...done
Loading package projectile...done (0.190s)
Loading package ccls...
Configuring package cc-mode...done
Loading package ccls...done (0.388s)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Emacs ready in 2.22 seconds with 16 garbage collections.

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
'--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
'--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify
--with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
--with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-TP6iDo/emacs26-26.3~1.git96dd019=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
-no-pie''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
projectile-mode: t
ido-vertical-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.0.8/flymake hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-loaddefs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-sed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-sqlite hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-asymptote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-id hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-timer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-abc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ebnf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ref hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-faces hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-element hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-capture hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-entities hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-R hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-mscgen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-footnote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-lilypond hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ocaml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-lint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-haskell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-stan hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-C hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-sass hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-plot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-pcomplete hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-plantuml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-datetree hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-eval hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-ascii hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-src hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-maxima hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-agenda hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-attach hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-J hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-forth hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-inlinetask hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-beamer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-gnuplot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-macro hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-shell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-emacs-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-mobile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-comint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-screen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-html hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-ctags hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-lob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-fortran hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-indent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-perl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-odt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-colview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-calc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-icalendar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-version hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-md hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-java hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ruby hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ditaa hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-texinfo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-sql hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-groovy hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-exp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-clojure hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-css hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-python hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-shen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-dot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-publish hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-vala hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-picolisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-macs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-ledger hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-crypt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-octave hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-archive hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ox-man hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-io hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-duration hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-lua hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-tangle hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-scheme hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-hledger hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-habit hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-awk hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-makefile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-install hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-feed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-protocol hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/org-clock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-matlab hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-processing hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-core hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-js hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200406/ob-coq hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils ispell elec-pair ccls
ccls-member-hierarchy ccls-inheritance-hierarchy ccls-call-hierarchy
ccls-tree ccls-code-lens ccls-semantic-highlight ccls-common lsp
lsp-mode url-util tree-widget wid-edit subr-x spinner network-stream
puny nsm rmc starttls tls gnutls markdown-mode color noutline outline lv
json map inline imenu ht filenotify f s ewoc em-glob esh-util
dash-functional dash bindat cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb company pcase projectile grep compile
comint ansi-color ring ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt
flx-ido advice flx ido-vertical-mode ido cus-start cus-load dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr epa
derived epg saveplace cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core edmacro kmacro finder-inf tex-site rx info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 435626 19099)
(symbols 48 39451 2)
(miscs 40 48 177)
(strings 32 138354 4060)
(string-bytes 1 3695638)
(vectors 16 46888)
(vector-slots 8 1613697 100408)
(floats 8 500 61)
(intervals 56 358 0)
(buffers 992 11))