Subject: bug#4087 closed by Sven Joachim <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#4087: emacs-snapshot should Provide: emacs23)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:10:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#4087: emacs-snapshot should Provide: emacs23

It has been closed by Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Sven Joachim <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
4087: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4087
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4087: emacs-snapshot should Provide: emacs23
From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 22:01:48 +0200

On 2009-08-08 21:32 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

> In Debian

Please don't file Debian bugs here.

> w3m-el-snapshot Depends emacs | emacs23 | emacs22 | emacs21
> If the emacs-snapshot package were to "Provide emacs23" then one
> needn't install both emacs-snapshot and emacs23 in order to use the
> w3m-el-snapshot package.

Very great idea indeed, I would then have to choose between emacs23-gtk
and emacs-snapshot because the former conflicts with emacs23.  Please,
no.

> Or w3m-el-snapshot could also add a Depend on emacs-snapshot.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=506106

Sven

Subject: emacs-snapshot should Provide: emacs23
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 03:32:22 +0800

In Debian
w3m-el-snapshot Depends emacs | emacs23 | emacs22 | emacs21
If the emacs-snapshot package were to "Provide emacs23" then one
needn't install both emacs-snapshot and emacs23 in order to use the
w3m-el-snapshot package.

Or w3m-el-snapshot could also add a Depend on emacs-snapshot.