Subject: bug#40861: closed (Re: bug#40861: 26.3; parse-time-string does not intepret times)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 07:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40861: 26.3; parse-time-string does not intepret times

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40861: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40861
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40861: 26.3; parse-time-string does not intepret times
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:01:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> So I think this is already fixed in the development sources, and you
> are advised to upgrade to Emacs 27 (its pretest is available from
> alpha.gnu.org).

I'm seeing the same thing as Eli, this seems to be all fixed.  I'm
therefore closing this bug now.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 26.3; parse-time-string does not intepret times
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 19:59:07 +1200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I have noticed that (parse-time-string s) is not working properly for
time strings, INCLUDING provided examples in the manual.

I first noticed it on org-mode; and tested it with (org-read-date) which
uses (parse-time-string) to interpret times.

I suspect there is some bug in =parse-time-rules=.
Scratch buffer to replicate the issue is provided below.

Kind regards,
Roger

;; *scratch*
;; org.el
(require 'org)
org

(org-read-date nil nil "14:00")
"2020-04-26"

;; parse-time.el
(parse-time-string "14:00")
(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

;; Provided examples from the manual
(parse-time-string "Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:24:56 +0100")
(nil nil nil 25 3 2016 5 nil nil)

(parse-time-string "1998-09-12T12:21:54-0200")
(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

parse-time-rules

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
 of 2020-03-21 built on ponos
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
Recent messages:
compiling byte-compile-out-toplevel...done
compiling byte-compile-constant...done
compiling byte-compile-variable-ref...done
compiling byte-optimize-form...done
compiling byte-optimize-body...done
compiling byte-optimize-predicate...done
compiling byte-optimize-binary-predicate...done
compiling byte-optimize-form-code-walker...done
compiling byte-optimize-lapcode...done
../../../../../usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el: ‘object-print’ is an obsolete generic function (as of 26.1); use ‘cl-print-object’ instead.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-silent-rules
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-26.3-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-26.3-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-26 --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-26
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-26 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --without-modules --without-gameuser --with-gpm --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --with-gnutls --without-libsystemd --with-threads
 --without-wide-int --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-cairo --without-libotf
 --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xwidgets
 'CFLAGS=-march=ivybridge -O2' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_NZ.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq dired desktop
frameset edmacro kmacro dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt subr-x bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core eieio-loaddefs url-vars mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap mml-sec password-cache epa wid-edit epg cl-extra
help-mode easymenu epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util rmail dframe rmail-loaddefs
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail derived rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr cl mail-utils parse-time elec-pair cl-seq easy-mmode cl-macs
inline cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util gv pcase tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 390750 33640)
 (symbols 48 25725 0)
 (miscs 40 42 139)
 (strings 32 36675 1238)
 (string-bytes 1 1177936)
 (vectors 16 9843)
 (vector-slots 8 473886 20554)
 (floats 8 64 74)
 (intervals 56 292 0)
 (buffers 992 11))