Subject: Re: [bug#40860] [PATCH] Yarnpkg

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:28:35 +0200

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:10:28 -0600
Kozo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback, Christopher and Jakub.
> 
> After going over what you said, this package is beyond my current
> experience. It would make sense to start getting all the dependencies
> in one at a time and return to this one later.
> 
> Please go ahead and close this request as I work on the building
> blocks.

Hi Kozo,

you can close issues by appending "-done" to the bug-number as I did.

node/npm is terribly hard because of its "dependency hell". 

Jelle Licht worked on an npm-importer. AFAIK it is not yet part of
Guix. Here is a reference on it I found:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00814.html

Björn