Subject: Re: bug#40845: SVG rendering issues

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 14:19:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 03:05:24PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> Yes, thanks.  But maybe expand a bit about "the face colors" part (not
> in the heading line, but in the body): what face is that, and when
> will the colors be used (I understand they will be used only if the
> image doesn't specify its own colors).

How's this?

---
*** The background and foreground of images now default to face
colors.  When an image doesn't specify a foreground or background
color, Emacs now uses colors from the face used to draw the
surrounding text instead of the frame's default colors.

To load images with the default frame colors use the ':foreground'
and ':background' image attributes, for example:

    (create-image "filename" nil nil
                  :foreground (face-attribute 'default :foreground)
                  :background (face-attribute 'default :background))

This change doesn't affect image types that do not support foreground
and background colors, such as png or jpeg.

-- 
Alan Third