Subject: bug#40838: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Function overrides in init.el are not honored after deferred compilation

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 14:39:03 +0000

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If this is what is happening with straight.el, then my recipe is not
>> actually reproducing my initial bug report. I have other cases when
>> functions redefined in my config are overridden by initial definition
>> when .eln is loaded. I think that I still need to investigate for a real
>> recipe then.
>
> I have recently tried to find a temporary workaround to this issue with
> straight.el+org+native-comp. However, my workaround seems to fail
> because of native-comp (at least, I believe so).

Hi Ihor,

I believe if you want to have to workaround effective in deferred
compilation you'll need to put the definition of these two functions
into `comp-async-env-modifier-form' as discussed.

Perhaps the best thing if to ask them to do it given they have a branch
to support native-comp.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]