Subject: core-updates: epiphany web process crashes

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 22:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guix,

On Guix System with the current core-updates branch, epiphany/GNOME-Web 
starts, but doesn't work because the web process crash in a loop.

When I run epiphany from the terminal I see

"""
$ epiphany

** (epiphany:29457): CRITICAL **: 22:37:21.415: void webkit_web_context_register_uri_scheme(WebKitWebContext*, const char*, WebKitURISchemeRequestCallback, gpointer, GDestroyNotify): assertion 'g_ascii_strcasecmp(scheme, "ftp") != 0' failed
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
bwrap: Can't create file at /etc/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory

** (epiphany:29457): WARNING **: 22:37:21.866: Web process crashed
"""

The bwrap… and …Web process crashed lines then continue to print 
alternating.

Windows and tabs are created, but no content is ever drawn in them.

/etc/pulse/client.conf exists on the host, but maybe not in the namespaces 
created by bwrap?

Could this be related to WebKitGTK sandboxing: 
https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2020/03/31/sandboxing-webkitgtk-apps/

Best,
Jack