Subject: bug#40837: core-updates: epiphany web process crashes

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 21:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

I now think what is being shared with bubblewrap is on the write track.

After seeing

"""
const char* pulseConfig = g_getenv("PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG");
if (pulseConfig)
     bindIfExists(args, pulseConfig);
"""

in Source/WebKit/UIProcess/Launcher/glib/BubblewrapLauncher.cpp of 
WebKitGTK, I set the PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG environemnt variable to the store 
path rather than /etc/pulse/client.conf, which is what it was set to 
before.

That allowed epiphany to get past the problem with client.conf. However, 
it then hits another problem with something not being shared as seen in 
this session:

"""
$ env |grep PULSE
PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG=gnu/store/zc4dsmvdabi00nvisrjhi9w00ff4igs7-client.conf
PULSE_CONFIG=/etc/pulse/daemon.conf
$ epiphany

** (epiphany:11528): CRITICAL **: 21:38:10.896: void webkit_web_context_register_uri_scheme(WebKitWebContext*, const char*, WebKitURISchemeRequestCallback, gpointer, GDestroyNotify): assertion 'g_ascii_strcasecmp(scheme, "ftp") != 0' failed
bwrap: execvp /gnu/store/1skpd1p64x982c52anh4a5yhlp05paa6-webkitgtk-2.28.1/libexec/webkit2gtk-4.0/WebKitWebProcess: No such file or directory
^C
"""

Best,
Jack