Subject: bug#41650: closed (system-config-printer fails while starting)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 03:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40834: system-config-printer not working on foreign distribution - Namespace Gdk not available

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40834: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40834
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: system-config-printer fails while starting
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 05:31:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

mroh,

I rewrote the commit message & pushed your patch as 
92b9cdd569ce8dbec768ebf756d524f39ecd5421.

Thanks!

T G-R

Subject: system-config-printer not working on foreign distribution - Namespace Gdk not available
From: Jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 20:04:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

system-config-printer is not working on Devuan ASCII using the latest
Guix release.
Here's the backtrace:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/gnu/store/fz669y4hkryf7gasz5rp2iazi67ibcbd-system-config-printer-1.5.12/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py",
line 40, in <module> gi.require_version('Gdk', '3.0') File
"/gnu/store/27lry9d3ja2jnxhvcp45v3l6pa8fkvqz-python-pygobject-3.34.0/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gi/__init__.py",
line 129, in require_version raise ValueError('Namespace %s not
available' % namespace) ValueError: Namespace Gdk not available

Jan Wielkiewicz