Subject: Re: bug#40827: 28.0.50; Macroexpansion at runtime

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 23:28:57 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

      >    [...] But in interpreted execution, the macro is expanded each
      > time the macro call runs
      > [...]
      > If `initialize' is interpreted, a new list `(nil)' is constructed each
      > time `initialize' is called.

Aside from the issue you're discussing, that text has the drawback of
using the passive voice.  The passive voice tends to be less readable,
and it can obscure who or what is performing the action.  Would someone
please rewrite it to use the active voice?

Occasionally the passive voice is necessary, but please write
in the active voice whenever that works.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)