Subject: Printing error on HP Laserjet 6L

From: Christoph Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:44:27 +0200

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1) of
2009-07-30 on brabbelbox

Hi,

some time ago i sent a bug message to "bug-gnu-emacs-gnu" for 23.0.94,
see:

bug#3420: "23.0.94; Printing error on HP Laserjet 6L"

Summarized: Depending on the locale set (LANG) ps-print fails cause in
the generated postscript output numbers have a decimal comma (e.g. as in
germany) instead a decimal point.

I see no solution in Emacs 23.1 for that.

For me calling emacs that way:

LANG=en_US.utf-8 /usr/local/bin/emacs

solves it.

The end user should not be busy with such questions. Emacs should print
out of the box (aside from configuring which printer should be used).

Regards,
Christoph