Subject: Re: [bug#40791] Append: KDE upgrade

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 01:26:43 +0200

Tom via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> I ran the script and fixed several build failures.
>
> Notable failure is kwayland in cmake configure step.
> I have no idea why.

Apologies for the delay here!  It turns out that KDE cannot be updated
on 'master' because 'extra-cmake-modules' has loads of dependents.

I ended up not using your patch because it failed to apply and lacked a
commit message, and because KDE 5.70.0 has since been released.  Sorry
for the wasted effort!

The reason kwayland failed to build was because of a missing dependency
on 'qtwayland'.

I pushed a KDE frameworks update to 'staging' in commit
5ca251ab4b8dd7dfa948ce8181fc2e82f6de200f.

Now, there are still many other KDE packages that are outdated.
Unfortunately the updater misses some because the upstream URL has
changed...  If you want more packaging practice here is a good
opportunity, and should be safe for 'master'.  ;-)