Subject: [bug#40779] Acknowledgement (Submission of CRAN Package Descriptions r-dcv r-stam r-grouped r-sgloptim r-awsmethods r-aws r-tea r-rcdd r-rxnat)

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:11:07 +0200

Hi NagaMalli,

thank you for your patches!

Please run “./pre-inst-env guix lint” on each of the packages.  Please
pay special attention to the description and synopsis fields.  The
descriptions often contain sentence fragments – we prefer to have
complete sentences.  Make sure that there are two spaces after end of
sentence periods — not zero spaces and not just one space either.

For the synopses please only capitalize proper names (like “Bayes”) and
the first word.  CRAN packages use capitalization for all words, so we
need to change that.

Please also run etc/indent-code.el to fix the indentation.  The importer
doesn’t do the right thing because it doesn’t know about our
conventions.

Could you please send updated patches as a reply to this email thread?

Thank you!

--
Ricardo