Subject: bug#40773: newsticker documentation

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:13:01 -0400

On 2020-04-29 12:34, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Then I don't understand the rationale for removing the entries from
> there.  What useful purpose would that serve?

I hit 'send' too soon; no corrections necessary, but some additional
comments follow...

1] The section for emacs add-ons should make clear that for features
   FSF/GNU/emacs has no control over the content and its licensing, can't
   be depended to offer support, and whatever mumble mumble lawyers
   insist on including.

2] The proposal neatly divides default emacs from extensions, and is a
   nice solution, but it is 'lazy' and 'easy' at the expense of trying
   to provide a single integrated manual that organizes ALL components
   of any single user's individual emacs by related subject. This more
   difficult alternative would be a cross between an info index page and
   the output of M-x info-display-manual. In that case, the root info
   page would just have a single entry for emacs, maybe even not
   justifying a separate section labeled emacs.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0