Subject: Re: bug#40759: 26.3; Update Leuven-theme in Emacs dev trunk

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 14:35:34 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 25.04.2020 11:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> We don't have defcustom's in any other theme I see in etc/themes/.
>> Does 'disable-theme' know how to undo the defcustom's, i.e. makunbound
>> them so that they are no longer in the name-space? should it?
>
> I don't think it's a major problem, personally: these variables serve a purpose,
> and they don't hurt anybody by remaining defined.
>
> Same with functions.

I agree with that conclusion, too.  I think it's fine that a theme
does this.  Maybe we could file a wishlist level request to add the
makunbound functionality if we think it's worth working on.

Is there anything left to discuss, or should I go ahead and push this?

Also, I think we would need Eli to decide if this should go to
emacs-27 or master.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas