Subject: 27.0.91; shell prompt displayed repeatedly when using initbash.sh

From: Trevor Spiteri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 00:34:34 +0200

In .emacs.d/init-bash.sh I have six lines (even empty lines or comments
will do for this to be repeated). Then I run emacs -Q, and type M-x
shell. The prompt is repeated seven times for the first command.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
of 2020-04-21 built on desktop
Repository revision: fc55f65305e855b31a8594764cfadfb5bf0f107f
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12006000
System Description: Fedora 31 (Workstation Edition)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
C-c s is undefined

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/trevor/.local/opt/emacs --with-dbus
--with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft
--with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets
--with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall
-Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
-grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.utf8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.utf8
value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.utf8
value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52520 8873)
(symbols 48 6480 1)
(strings 32 17504 2243)
(string-bytes 1 584076)
(vectors 16 11645)
(vector-slots 8 145727 9612)
(floats 8 21 44)
(intervals 56 279 0)
(buffers 1000 14))