Subject: [bug#40753] gnu: spacefm: Add missing dependencies.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 19:59:41 +0200

Raghav Gururajan writes:

Hello Raghav,

>> > BLOCKERS: #40630 and #40752.  
>> 
>> ...what does this mean?
>
> They are dependencies of this patch, that needs to be pushed before
> this patch.

Right.  So we'll have to wait for those then, right?

>> It builds OK without this patch; it does not seem that any dependencies
>> are missing.  Could it be that these dependencies change or amend its
>> behaviour?
>
> It is to change and amend the behaviour. It adds missing features and fixes
> icons+privilege-management+disk-management.

Okay, it would be nice to say something about that in the commit
message.  What about

    gnu: spacefm: Add dependencies for extra functionality.

    Adding these inputs provides adds icons, privilege-management and
    disk-management.

Other than that, LGTM (assuming that it builds).  I'm not really able
to test it, I assume it works for you as you expected?

>> I am feeling a bit uncomfortable about the fact that you pinged me to
>> "push" this patch, it seems it needs a bit more attention than that.
>
> I apologize. I spent whole day to create these patches and throughly testing
> them. If I missed anything, please understand it would not have been
> intentional. Also, there is a v2 patch in #40753 thread that has 3 blockers.
>
> Thank you for considering my request.

No worries!  I did not have much time this morning and from your ping
assumed a trivial task.  Teaches me not to assume things.

I would suggest that when you get an OK on the last dependency for this
one, you mention this patch again.

Please consider sending patches that depend on eachother in one bug
report if that makes sense.

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com