Subject: Re: bug#40750: Use error face for errors

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 17:35:26 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> ndame <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> There is a standard face: error, which is red by default.
>>
>> Error messages in emacs should use it. It makes errors more conspicuous in
>> the echo area and the Messages buffer, distinguishing them from regular
>> messages.
>
> I think having Emacs using red for error message in the echo area etc
> would look pretty odd?  Anybody got an opinion here?

I agree, but in theory there could be a customisable face for this that
defaults to the current default.

But is it even possible to systematically tell whether a given message
corresponds to an error?

-- 
Basil