Subject: Re: guix build problem, no RUNPATH on libpthread.so

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 09:55:34 +0200

Dear Michael,

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 09:41:47AM +0930, Michael Zucchi wrote:

> > But the first guix pull fails because it tries to run a 32 bit binary, so
> > ultimately fails for the the same reason as detailed in my previous email.

To be sure to understand,
 - your machine is 64bit
 - and you are running Guix on the top of Slackware
 - Guix has been installed using this script
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh
Right?
Then, something screws up and some 32bit stuff shows up, right?

The previous emails related to this topic you mentioned ("I posted
about this months ago but I think I got no answers") in this thread
are [1] and [2], right?

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-12/msg00111.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-12/msg00131.html

All the best,
simon