Subject: bug#40738: closed (Re: bug#40738: Prometheus (and Alertmanager))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 22:17:14 +0000

Your bug report

#40738: Prometheus (and Alertmanager)

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40738: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40738
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40738: Prometheus (and Alertmanager)
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 23:09:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Chris,

For reference: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/40738

On Sun, 03 May 2020 at 12:17, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> The packages build, but still need quite a bit of work. They're both
>>> written in Go, so the Git repositories not only include the relevant
>>> source code, but the source code of the entire dependency tree (hence
>>> the packages have no inputs). That'll need addressing.
>>
>> Would the gopkg importer at
>> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-04/msg00310.html> be
>> of any help?  (I think I posted an updated version later on but I can’t
>> find it.)
>
> Yeah, I think getting a working importer is going to be the way to
> address this.

This old report had been marked as moreinfo 4 years, 43 weeks, 6 days
ago.  With no more activity.

Therefore, I’m closing.

Feel free to reopen if I’m missing something.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: Prometheus (and Alertmanager)
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 22:11:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've had a go at packaging Prometheus and Alertmanager, as well as
writing Guix services for both of them.

The packages build, but still need quite a bit of work. They're both
written in Go, so the Git repositories not only include the relevant
source code, but the source code of the entire dependency tree (hence
the packages have no inputs). That'll need addressing.

I've tested the Prometheus service, and it seems to work, although there
isn't any record types for the Prometheus configuration yet. I haven't
yet tested the Alertmanager service and the system test doesn't pass, I
believe more configuration is required than Prometheus.

Having a Prometheus service would be a good complement for the existing
Prometheus Node exporter service in Guix.

I'll send the patches following this email.

Thanks,

Chris