Subject: [bug#40738] Prometheus (and Alertmanager)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 12:56:19 +0200

Hello!

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've had a go at packaging Prometheus and Alertmanager, as well as
> writing Guix services for both of them.

Nice!  I’m not an expert, but it sounds like it could advantageously
replace Zabbix on berlin.

> The packages build, but still need quite a bit of work. They're both
> written in Go, so the Git repositories not only include the relevant
> source code, but the source code of the entire dependency tree (hence
> the packages have no inputs). That'll need addressing.

Would the gopkg importer at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-04/msg00310.html> be
of any help?  (I think I posted an updated version later on but I can’t
find it.)

> I've tested the Prometheus service, and it seems to work, although there
> isn't any record types for the Prometheus configuration yet. I haven't
> yet tested the Alertmanager service and the system test doesn't pass, I
> believe more configuration is required than Prometheus.
>
> Having a Prometheus service would be a good complement for the existing
> Prometheus Node exporter service in Guix.

Yup!

Thanks,
Ludo’.