Subject: Two rottlog servives causes cryptic etc drv failure

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 10:08:05 +0100

I got this error when reconfiguring with a recent revision of Guix.

/builder for `/gnu/store/kbhl4rk6p0z4jbimlqj57vj3dhyjgv4x-etc.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/kbhl4rk6p0z4jbimlqj57vj3dhyjgv4x-etc.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/kb/hl4rk6p0z4jbimlqj57vj3dhyjgv4x-etc.drv.bz2'.
building /gnu/store/59bd67s06inr5vzyxc70yk6garj2aciz-linux-modules.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/n45vq7jbhn5qz24qlgv6a6ginarqs433-system.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build of `/gnu/store/n45vq7jbhn5qz24qlgv6a6ginarqs433-system.drv' failed
chris@guix-hetzner-1 ~$ bzcat /var/log/guix/drvs/kb/hl4rk6p0z4jbimlqj57vj3dhyjgv4x-etc.drv.bz2
Backtrace:
           1 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/g4q88pmwr1vy54qpnkz878k3n7f?")
           0 (symlink "/gnu/store/939n705vmkn8613b8gjc10llvsr5jcwc-?" ?)

ERROR: In procedure symlink:
In procedure symlink: File exists

Moving the rottlog-configuration to modify-services for %base-services
resolved this I believe, but that was a guess based on memory. Even if
the system definition is invalid, I don't think here should be where it
fails.