Subject: bug#40725: 27.0.91; Tutorial reports false positive key rebindings

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 15:13:50 +0300

> From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 13:35:52 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> 24 apr. 2020 kl. 13.21 skrev Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Like I said: I would prefer not to rename files at all, if we can
> > solve the mode issue in some other way.
> 
> I agree, let's not rename files without a good reason. Here we have multiple good reasons.

I didn't say "a good reason", I said "if we can solve the issue in
some other way".

> The file names cause more inconvenience than just the mode problem.

What problems are those?  You mentioned grepping the files, which can
be easily handled by excluding the tutorials directory from the
search.  Are there any other problems we should consider?

> Git handles renames gracefully.

"Gracefully" is in the eyes of the beholder.  It's true the support
for renames improved in the recent years, but there are still commands
that either fails or need special invocation methods to work across
renames.  So it's still a source of inconvenience and occasional
failure or mistaken conclusions, and I'd like to avoid that if
possible.