Subject: bug#40725: 27.0.91; Tutorial reports false positive key rebindings

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 15:54:35 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> In fact, the tutorial doesn't mention C-c at all, but apparently
>>> it's included in tutorial--default-keys just because it's an
>>> otherwise common prefix.
>>
>> AFAIU from the code, the main consideration with C-c is when the user
>> turns on the CUA mode, not because it's a common prefix.  So maybe we
>> should narrow the test to only make sure CUA rebindings get caught?
>
> Good point.  I hadn't thought of that and I'll look into it.

If I'm skimming this thread, the discussion then turned to (possibly)
renaming some tutorial files that have file names that end with things
like .el, which gives us the wrong modes.

However, the original patch, which seemed to fix a concrete issue,
doesn't seem to have been applied (because Eli thought it could be fixed
in a better way)?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no