Subject: Re: bug#40703: Unable to turn off autoarg-kp-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:56:38 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> While searching the web, I could find no evidence of autoarg-mode
> being discussed or even mentioned.  It is presumably not very useful
> in this day and age.  (I also found a breaking bug in autoarg-kp-mode
> where enabling it also enables autoarg-mode.  Nobody seems to have
> noticed.)
>
> Does anyone object to marking it obsolete?

I think everything here points towards nobody using this package, and
the way it's implemented is unfortunate.

Think making it obsolete might perhaps spur someone on to make a new
package -- if they want this functionality (which may be unlikely).

So I've now obsoleted it.  If it turns out that people are actually
using it, somehow, then we could reconsider.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no