Subject: Re: Re: [bug#40683] [PATCH] gnu: Add wireguard-module.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:44:05 +0000

Tobias,

>> +    (synopsis "WireGuard loadable kernel module for Linux 3.10
>> through 5.5")
>> +    (description "This is a loadable Linux kernel module for
>> WireGuard
>> +supporting kernel versions 3.10 through 5.5.  WireGuard was
>> added to Linux
>> +5.6.
> 
> I think we should say ‘Linux-Libre’ here (yes, even though it
> loads on any *Linux) but I'm never entirely sure.
> 
> [...]
> 
> LGTM with these changes, but curious what others think about
> ‘Linux’,

None of the similar packages like 'acpi-call-linux-module',
'rtl8812au-aircrack-ng-linux-module', 'ddcci-driver-linux' or 'zfs' use
“Linux-Libre” in their synopsis or description. So using “Linux” should 
be
good or an other patch should modify all of them.

Cheers,
- Brice