Subject: Re: bug#40682: frozen installer in WiFi section -guix 1.1.0

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 00:26:20 +0200

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I believe this is fixed by ea6594e0 on master.

Good catch!

> This is indeed very fragile, and converting it to D-Bus would be the
> right move. I will have a look to Nyacc! Writing a clean Guile-Dbus
> library could also be a nice and valuable GSoC/Outreachy project.

Yes, it would be ideal to have a pure-Scheme implementation, but in the
meantime, perhaps generated bindings via Nyacc could work well enough.

> In the meantime, could we merge your patch so that we have a hidden
> simulated Wifi network available, that can be used in the installer
> tests?

I’ve now pushed it as two proper service types: ‘hostapd-service-type’
and ‘simulated-wifi-service-type’, the latter using parts of the former.

Note that currently the installer tests bypass connectivity checks
altogether, but perhaps we can still check what comes before, namely
network selection?

Thanks,
Ludo’.